This Achari Chicken Karahi Recipe by Zubeida Tariq requires quite a few recipe masalas. It is one of those curry recipes that is liked with boiled rice in my family. Anybody fond of achar taste would surely enjoy this chicken recipe.
- Chicken 16 pieces
- Tomatoes 4 (i used 2 chopped)
- Garlic 6 cloves chopped
- Ginger Chopped 2 tbsp
- Nigella Seeds (Kalongi) 1 tsp
- Whole Red Chillies 6
- Lemons 2 (i used 1)
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Seeds 1 tsp
- White Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Oil 1 cup (i used 1/2 cup)
- Green Chillies 4 (i used 10)
- Fennel Seeds (saunf) 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds (rye) 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Coriander Seeds 1 tbsp
- Tamarind Paste 1/2 cup
- Gather Fennel seeds, Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds and Coriander seeds. Roast and crush them. I normally microwave them instead of roasting.
- Take tamarind paste and mix it with the roasted ingredients.
- Now slit the green chillies and fill it up with tamarind mixture formed above. Leave aside.
- Putting chicken on stove adding turmeric powder and salt to it.
- Gathering chopped tomatoes, chopped garlic, chopped ginger, nigella seeds (kalongi), whole red chillies.
- When chicken water dries add the gathered ingredients to it, along with oil and some water to have some gravy.
- After 15 to 20 minutes when tomatoes and rest of the ingredients seemed mixed well, sprinkle roasted and crushed cumin seeds.
- Lastly drizzle lemon juice and place filled green chillies on top of chicken. Cover the pot and lit it to simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serving with rice or nan.