Beef Keema or minced beef is one of my favourites. I like having it with homemade roti.
Recipe: Beef Keema (Minced Beef)
- Beef minced 500 grams
- Onions 1 large chopped
- Garlic cloves 5 chopped
- Ginger 1 inch julienned
- Tomatos 2
- Potatoes 2 medium cube shaped
- Peas 1/2 cup
- Yogurt 2 tbsp
- Cream 2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds 2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds 2 tsp
- Cinnamon stick 1
- Cloves 4 - 6
- Peppercorn 4 - 8
- Asafetida a pinch
- Garam Masala 1 tsp
- Strain the minced beef.
- Chop onions, crush and chop garlic, julienne cut the ginger.
- Heat oil and fry onions for 2 minutes then add ginger and garlic to it.
- Spices should be gathered, then roasted and crushed.
- Put in the ground spices, then asafetida and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add minced beef and fry till brown.
- Put in tomatoes and fry till fully mixed.
- Add peas and potatoes.
- Add yogurt and mix.
- Add some water and let it cook covered for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add cream, garam masala and red chilli crushed. Stir well.
- Place green chillies on top and simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with Naan or Rice.