Recipe: Lemon Pound Cake
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for coating loaf pan
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1½ sticks unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- Bake a lemon pound that’s perfect for dessert, breakfast or an afternoon snack with tea. The ingredients look like this.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and sprinkle with flour. Tap around the pan to cover and shake out the excess.
- Whisk together flour and baking soda to combine.
- Using a wooden, cream together butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 10 minutes. Alternatively, use a stand mixer to speed up the process.
- Whisk in eggs one at a time until well incorporated.
- Fold in lemon zest and juice.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the butter mixture and fold gently until just combined.
- Add yogurt and fold until just combined.
- Add the remaining flour and continue to fold until just combined. Do not overmix, this will result in tough cake.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 70 to 80 minutes, until a knife inserted into the middle comes out dry.